A project designed to unpick the most difficult GCSE topics.
- develop a deeper insight into the maths that underpins learning in a challenging topic, through unpicking and analysing the topic
- develop a deeper insight into the key issues and misconceptions behind the topic
- identify misconceptions and plan a series of lessons to support students in the topic area
- use and evaluate appropriate pedagogies to teach the topic area
- work with their departments to unpick and analyse topics to inform collaborative planning and development of schemes of work.
What is the cost?
The Challenging Topics at GCSE project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.