A project designed to support schools in their second year of Teaching for Mastery.
The NCETM’s diagram shows a school’s journey towards mastery. Use it to determine where your school’s journey starts (click/tap diagram to show a larger version with more detail of the journey).
- enhance their mathematical subject knowledge, emphasising key areas of maths
- cultivate a deep understanding of the principles and pedagogies of mastery
- understand the school-wide structures which enable staff to develop mastery approaches
- develop the ability to plan, teach and reflect on lessons with a mastery approach
- establish a set of principles, policies, practices and systems which embody a teaching for mastery approach.
What is the cost?
The Primary Teaching for Mastery – Embedding project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
“Being involved in a Work Group, you feel much more involved in your own CPD. You are actually doing something, rather than being talked at. Going away, implementing something and then coming back and discussing how it worked is great.”