WYMH Conference for NQTs / RQTs
Maths Survival Toolkit: Sustaining the Enthusiasm
This conference provides an opportunity for primary NQTs and RQTs to meet with other like-minded teachers to share good practise, hear about the latest work of your local Maths Hub and receive guidance and support from peers and leaders in maths education.
We know that the focus of many teachers in their early careers is to focus on getting the classroom basics right. We want teachers to leave the conference full of straight forward, practical ideas that they can use in the classroom to support their teaching of maths.
We will explore:
- How children learn (what brain science tells us) and what every teacher should know
- Advice and guidance on planning maths lessons
- Strategies for effective assessment for learning
- How to get the most out of mathematical equipment in your classroom
- How to challenge and support all children
- How to improve numerical fluency of your children
- What your local maths hub can do for you
The day is full of inspirational speakers from across the region who are already connected with the Maths Hub. You are guaranteed to leave inspired and ready to implement new ideas from the day into your classroom
WYMH Conference for Primary Maths Leads and Head Teachers.
All you need to know about Teaching for Mastery for Leaders
This conference provides Primary Maths Leads and senior leaders with all the information that they need to support them in leading maths teaching across their school. We know there are lots of mixed messages out there at the moment and this conference aims to give leaders in schools all the support, knowledge and understanding they need to ensure that maths teaching is the best it can be.
The conference will also provide an opportunity to meet and network with fellow leaders and maths specialists.
Speakers will cover the following:
- What the latest research says about teaching maths and strategies for implementing this
- How to lead change with primary maths
- Hear from head teachers who have successfully implemented change in maths
- What to look for when observing lessons
- The Ofsted perspective
- What support your local Maths Hub can offer
This day promises to be full of straight forward, practical information that will be help you lead maths across your school. The day is full of inspirational speakers from across the region who are already connected with West Yorkshire Maths Hub.