A project to develop improved teaching approaches in Core Maths.
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- explore a range of common Core Maths approaches and topics (e.g. Fermi problems, critical analysis of numbers in the media) and their use of pre-release materials
- identify and make effective use of existing Core Maths resources
- support senior leadership in understanding the benefits of Core Maths
- understand the role of Core Maths in promoting problem solving within GCSE Maths
What is the cost?
The Developing Core Maths Pedagogy project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme and the AMSP so is free to participating schools/colleges.