A project designed to support schools making teaching for mastery ‘business as usual’.
This is for all primary schools who have previously been involved in teaching for mastery via a Development or Embedding Work Group, or who are Mastery Specialist schools. It brings together schools across the Maths Hubs Network that are working on continued development to sustain their teaching for mastery approach to mathematics. The NCETM’s diagram shows a school’s journey towards mastery. Use it to determine where your school’s journey starts (click/tap diagram to show a larger version with more detail of the journey)
- enhance their mathematical subject knowledge, emphasising key areas of maths
- learn how to establish an effective collaborative planning culture
- plan, teach and reflect collaboratively to provide a coherent mastery curriculum
- continue to refine school structures and systems to embed and sustain mastery
- continue to ensure a sustainable model for collaborative planning and ongoing specialist subject knowledge development for all teachers.
What is the cost?
The Primary Teaching for Mastery – Sustaining project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.