A project for schools who are currently developing a teaching for mastery approach in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- understand progression in maths and how that is translated into direct teaching
- be able to demonstrate how principles of teaching for mastery can be applied in the Reception classroom
- demonstrate how to make maths accessible to all children and how to close attainment gaps
- develop a clear progression of mathematical pedagogy from EYFS through the school
- model the expectation that all children can access maths learning in Year 1.
What is the cost?
The Building Firm Mathematical Foundations in Reception project is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.